Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 Wrap Up

The kids have been home from school for two weeks now, and I'm waddling my way through my ninth month of pregnancy.  Between the two I don't have not accomplished much. 

  • Our friends kindly invited us over Christmas eve night.  I'm glad they did, because the holidays feel so lonely out here with no one to share them with.  We had a great time and the kids got to act out the story of the birth of our savior.  When we got home the kids each got to open a new pair of Christmas jammies before heading off to bed.  
  • Santa always does a superb job of surprising everyone and this year was no different.  My kids were spoiled rotten.   Christmas morning there was a room stuffed full of gifts and overflowing stockings.  
  • Dylan finally got his dream Lego set (the Ninjago Dragon), he got books, a snazzy Sunday outfit, Nano Bugs, and a Wii Lego Batman game.
  • Alivia got a "real fur" dog that she packs around everywhere, it barks and responds to being petted.  She got a huge and fancy barbie doll house, a new barbie, books, lots of things to color, her own girlie Lego set, and a my little pony.
  • Isaac got a bouncing donkey that he can jump on, a basketball set (which he calls ball basket) a baseball bat and ball, a stuffed Perry, and wooden building blocks.
  • The Mr was lucky enough to receive new socks and undies, a new razor, as well as an ironing board.  Isn't he just so lucky?  He also got a remote control helicopter that the kids all think is the coolest thing ever.  
  • I specifically told Santa I didn't want gifts this year, since I am in the middle of a few expensive DIY projects and I'd rather spend the money that way, but he snuck a few gifts in for me anyways. 
  • I also finally finished a project for the Mr that I started four years earlier.  First year ever I had a real and personal gift for him...How sad on my part.  I used my Silhouette machine to make labels for each and every marathon as well as the date and his finishing times.  It turned out pretty great I thought. Now he can hang his picture frame of accomplishments where ever he wants. 


  • I also got a brand new niece Christmas day.  I'm so tickled for my brother and his wife, I only wish I was still just 20 minutes away from them all.
  • Derik and I took the kids for one last trip out to sea world before our annual passes expired. We had two separate incidents where something from the road was thrown straight into our car, thankfully Derik was driving and didn't over react or over corrrect, (because I know I would have) and we arrived safe and sound, minus losing our front grill to a big chunk of flying tire.  The first time we went to Sea World last year, we focused on the animal shows, so this time around we tried to get as many rides in as possible.  We went to our 3 favorite shows and spent the rest of the time riding amusement ride.  Since I'm in no condition to be riding rides, Derik took the kids and I stood in lines for the show, it worked out pretty well and we got to do everything we wanted.  Winter decided to arrive here in Houston and I thought we were going to freeze to death come about 7:00.  The bitter cold wet winds bit right through our flimsy jackets.  But we all survived and had a great time. 
  • I'm quite the holiday scrooge and New Years in no exception.  We watched a family movie and then I sent the kids to bed.  The Mr. and I retired to our beds as well.  I would have been fine sleeping through the new year but New Years in Texas is a BIG deal and everyone (and I literally mean everyone) shoots off fireworks for hours on end, and they aren't sparklers or whistling Pete's, but fireworks that pack some serious explosive power.  There were times I swore the neighbors were going to blow up our home or theirs. 
  • 2012 was a good year.  Here's to hoping 2013 is even better. 


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I can just picture you cute and pregnant standing in line for shows at Sea World! :)It was good to hear about your Christmas and I can't wait to see some pictures of how your DIY projects are coming! :)