I'm haunted and plagued by the little line under my blog list that keeps reminding me this family blog has sat untouched for over a month now. I remember when I first started to blog and read blogs, I found it incredulous that people left their blogs untouched for months at a time, I wondered to myself why people even bothered in the first place. But lately, more often than not, my very blogs suffer from the above mentioned condition. So here are my excuses as to why I've fallen into such a slump, in no particular order.
I have two blogs...well actually I have four blog, but two of them I actually try to keep updated for journaling (I think I just made that word up) purposes. I thought it was such a brilliant idea to separate my life happenings and thoughts from our family's life and happening. But now I have serious anxiety about what posts belong where and then I stress out about trying to keep them both interesting and separate with out repeating myself on one or the other. So most of my ramblings get put on my personal blog, and our poor family blog remains untouched.
Our lives aren't really that exciting and I seriously struggle with finding things and events that I want to remember or have recorded.
I have it stuck in my head that our family blog posts (or any blog post for that matter) need to be exciting, or at least shocking and like I mentioned before our lives aren't exciting or shocking.
My older sister does a post every Friday about the weeks events with her family and I love it! It makes me feel close to them, when they are far away. Some day she's going to look back and treasure the things she has written and I want the same thing! I've been desperately trying to come up with something similar to do with our family blog with out taking away the unique and specialness of her Forget Me Not Friday posts.
Until then forgive me for the very long pauses.
1 comment:
Good ideas are meant to be shared and used!
Post a Comment